How to Pay
Learn about all the different types of fares and passes. Paying for your ride is easy on buses, streetcars, and even the ferries with the GoMobile app.
In order to buy a pass via the app, you will need to download the free GoMobile app from the Apple App Store or Google Play. You will need to setup an account, select the pass type you wish to purchase, and enter your credit or debit card information. Once processed, the pass will automatically store under the “My Tickets” section of the app. As your bus, streetcar or ferry is arriving, click on “Use Ticket.” Have your “Ticket" ready to show the operator as you board.
How do I purchase a ticket?
Register for an account. Once, you’re registered, tap buy tickets, select the ticket you’d like to purchase, tap next, then add your debit or credit card, agree to the terms and conditions, and submit the payment. Your ticket will be placed in your ticket wallet. See RTA Refund Policy and Pass Refund/Replacement Form.
What types of tickets can I purchase with GoMobile?
- Every type of currently offered RTA Pass and Fare is available on the app, for bus, streetcar and ferry.
Do mobile tickets expire?
- Mobile tickets expire one year after they are purchased. Please plan accordingly.
If I am eligible for a senior or disabled fare ticket, how do I use GoMobile mobile ticketing?
- Select the Single-Ride Senior/Disabled Fare and present your ID to the driver.
If I am traveling with friends and family, can I activate more than one ticket on my phone?
- Yes, you can activate up to thirty (30) tickets of a single-ride ticket type at once. You cannot currently activate multiple jazzy or integrated passes at once (this feature is coming soon).
Are there any fees for using mobile ticketing?
- The mobile ticketing application is free to download and there are no additional fees for purchasing fares using GoMobile. When using the application, please be aware that mobile service providers set their own prices for data and usage. RTA is not responsible for any mobile carrier data charges that a customer incurs as a result of purchasing a mobile ticket or downloading the mobile application.
Are receipts available for my mobile ticketing purchase?
- Receipts are available through email for all mobile tickets. Simply enter your email address when purchasing a ticket and we will automatically email you a receipt. If you do not receive a receipt, please contact us and we can resend your receipt.
Is mobile ticketing going to replace the current Jazzy Passes? Will it replace cash?
- No, we will continue accepting all current fare payment options. GoMobile mobile ticketing will simply become another option for riders to pay their fare.
Can I transfer Jefferson Transit (JeT) with GoMobile mobile ticketing?
- You can purchase the 1-Day Regional Ride, which is good for use on RTA and JeT buses and RTA streetcars.
Can I transfer to another RTA bus/streetcar with the app?
- Yes! If you’ve purchased a ticket with a transfer or you are using a one-day or thirty-one-day pass, you can use the same mobile ticket to transfer to other RTA buses or streetcars for two hours.
Can I use my transfer on the Ferry?
- No, you will need to purchase a separate ferry ticket or use an integrated pass.
If I lose cell phone service while trying to use my ticket, will my mobile ticket still work?
- You must have a cellular or WIFI signal to purchase and activate a mobile ticket or pass. We ask that you purchase your ticket or pass before boarding the vehicle. Once you tap "board" and your ticket or pass is activated and displayed, you can go back to display that ticket or pass if you lose your cellular or WIFI signal. You will not be able to make any purchases, activate additional tickets, or make other changes until your cell phone or WIFI service is restored.
What happens if my smartphone battery dies before I can show my mobile ticket, or it stops working?
- You are responsible for keeping your smartphone charged while riding with a mobile ticket. You MUST pay the cash fare if your smartphone is not working, so please plan accordingly.
What happens if I’ve lost my password?
- Tap Forgot Password and we’ll send an email to the email address on file to reset your password. If that doesn’t work or you don’t receive an email, please call the Customer Care Rideline 504-248-3900.